Salad dressings are so much better homemade than store bought.
It’s a little bit of effort up front but once a dressing is made it will take your salad to a new level.
So much more enjoyable than the same old, same old.
Better yet, this dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
3-4 medium carrots
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 tsp ground cumin
pinch of salt
1/2 cups white wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
*Optional – 1 tsp whole cumin
- heat up oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Chop carrots into chunks no bigger than 1/2 inch
- Toss them together with the oil cumin, and salt
- Roast them in a small dish, covered, until carrots are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- Let the carrots cool a bit and then add 3 of them to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients
- Blend until smooth, approximately 3 minutes
- Taste and adjust as needed
I found I wanted a deeper carrot flavour and added the 4th carrot.
If you are a cumin lover, as I am, roast whole cumin seeds in a toaster oven or pan for 2 minutes or until they begin to smell fragrant. You’ll have to watch closely because they will burn quickly! After they have cooled toss them into the dressing.
Serve on a lovely salad full of greens and vegetables.
(Recipe adapted from Thug Kitchen)